Thursday, April 8, 2010

I've been persuaded.... so join me!

I love to talk, and I love to write, and I love being a wife and mommy. The one thing I don't always enjoy is being challenged as a mommy! However, that seems to be completely irrelevant to the fact that I am- it's just a part of life. As a mommy, one of the greatest challenges God has placed in my life is positively and constantly strengthening my relationships with my little girls. The one theme He often reminds me of is ENCOURAGEMENT. My desire is to share with you the many daily opportunities I find myself having to offer my children encouragement. Honestly, its amazing, too, how much sweeter the moments become- yes, even the heated ones- when my focus is established (and often re-established). The frustrations, the anxieties, the "interrupted moments of my days" are quickly put into perspective when I ask myself "How can I encourage my little one's soul THIS moment?"...to have better self control, to grow in respect for others, to be happy and content....
Over the years, God has brought so many of you in to my life, with soooo much more parenting experience and wisdom. My prayer is that you will join me often. Comment on my blogs and offer words of encouragement to others who may be reading. Take an idea I write about and run with it!

2 comments:

  1. oh I love it Krissy!!! you are phenominal at encouraging your girls and pointing their hearts towards godly character! i am so excited about your blog.
    i will be looking for new posts regularly!! maybe we can even do some joint venture type things! of course we need a visit to make ideas like this happen.
    could you just move this way please:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. Encouragement is lacking even in most "christian" homes. Encouragement involves positive time and most of the attention parents give kids is Negative. They only hear from mom or dad when they have upset the parent in someway. As a parent for 38 yeas, I can tell you our kids need good positive reenforcement in their lives. They are our investment in the future and what we put in them will eventually come out. God bless you Krissy, what a great example you are.

    ReplyDelete